When we took over the running of Hallsannery in 2012, Charles and I did so not only to continue to preserve this beautiful house, but also to create a viable and rewarding business. What we didn’t appreciate fully at the time (mid-building-work, business set-up, sweat and tears!) was how rewarding it would be to see the house being used – and loved – by so many others. To see it host – and come alive – for such a variety of wonderful events and occasions. In short, to be the backdrop for the creation of a multitude of memories and happy times.
Since re-opening in April 2013, we have played host to…
- 30th, 40th and 60th birthday parties (not to mention a few in-betweens!), with an amazing 80th birthday celebration coming our way next year
- extended groups of families and friends, getting together for annual reunions, for summer holidays, for walking weekends or just… because!
- fabulous sporting teams competing on nearby golfing courses
- corporate groups enjoying the relaxed and exclusive atmosphere
- gorgeous Brides and handsome Grooms creating their unique, so-special days and weekends
- scattered-to-the-winds families coming together with mince pies. mulled wine and a little champagne for the festive season
- couples celebrating long-ago weddings with family and friends
- and many, many more.
Here’s a smattering of my very favourite bits of feedback…
‘Best holiday EVER. We want to come here again’
‘The most wonderful venue… we hope all your future guests love it here and make the most of all the pleasures!’
‘Best birthday a girl can have’
‘Our stay at the mansion exceeded our expectations… thank you’
‘Looking forward to coming back in 2015!’
‘A perfect venue for a wedding. Had a brilliant day and evening and a lovely relaxed weekend. Thank you to everyone involved’
‘Didn’t want the week to end… loved every minute here’
‘Best week away in the UK EVER’
‘Such a beautiful wedding venue… I will treasure the memories of this weekend’
‘The only thing I didn’t like was leaving.’
And the rest of 2014, next year (and into 2016/17!) is looking equally busy and exciting here at Hallsannery. We’re looking forward to helping create many more amazing memories!