‘We absolutely loved this house – we will be back’
Picture family and friends feasting together; folk snuggled up by the fire with a favourite book. Hear the thud of a tennis ball; shrieks of delight. Acres of space and lungs full of fresh air. Imagine sinking into bed at the end of a beach-bound day, with nothing to wake you but the prospect of coffee and croissants.
With exclusive use of all that the Estate offers (the Coach House additional accommodation is only rented out in conjunction with Hallsannery House if needed), you and your party can truly spread out and make yourselves at home.
Take your pick from any one of the gorgeous bedrooms – all with super-sized beds and most with spectacular views. Take a pew in one of the three light-filled reception rooms, to watch a game, to play pool or for some chat, chat, chat. Fill the farmhouse kitchen with kids for a table-top supper, or dine in style in the chandelier’d dining room. Head outside for a barbecue, ping pong tournament or even some competitive tennis, or find a bench for a cuppa and drink in Devon’s rolling hills.
Whether you’re celebrating a special birthday or marking an anniversary, whether planning a weekend with friends or family or a university reunion, whether it’s Christmas or Easter or just…‘because’, a stay at Hallsannery will leave you refreshed, revitalized and raring to return.
The useful bits…
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
- 11 stunning super-king bedrooms, all en-suite (including 1 bunk family room)
- 2 downstairs WCs
- Additional beds and sofa bed available at small extra charge, travel cots available free of charge
- Downstairs ‘accessible’ bedroom (twin or super-king bed) with fully-equipped wet room
- Optional adjacent Coach House accommodation sleeps up to an additional 8 guests
Cooking and Dining
- Chandelier’d dining room seats 28 comfortably (can be adapted for larger events up to 70)
- Fully equipped farmhouse kitchen with Rangemaster cooker, seats 14 comfortably
- Fantastic chefs available for full catering, larder stocking or celebratory meals
- 2 dishwashers, washing facilities and ample fridge/freezer space (including 2 bottle fridges!)
- Tables and chairs on the terrace, brick barbecue adjacent to dining room
“Love, love, love the house”
“A spectacular venue to celebrate our Golden Wedding anniversary”
The fun bits…
Things to do inside
- Large undercover games room with ping pong and pool table (under the Coach House)
- 2 large smart TVs
- Indoor games room with pool table (The Library)
- Superfast broadband
- DVD players and DVDs, books, books and a few more books, iPod Dock, piano, library, toys
Things to do outside
- All weather tennis court
- Cricket set, footballs, croquet
- Toddler slide and swings (rope and baby swing), buckets and spades
- Woodland and gardens (great for den making, evening strolls and hide and seek!)
- Bike shack
- Firepits, sun loungers and extra-large picnic tables!
“A splendid Estate with amazing views, what a wonderful week we had in Devon!”
“It was lovely and it made me feel warm and fuzzy inside”
(Guest, aged 6)
“What a wonderful house for Christmas… full of fun and laughter”
The really fun bits…
- Watersports including surfing, kite surfing, kayak, sailing, aquapark, stand-up paddle boarding, wakeboarding, coasteering, sea swimming and anything else involving the sea!
- Biking (the famous Tarka Trail is half a mile from the house)
- Horse riding on the beach and in the countryside
- Southwest Coast Path and Exmoor and Dartmoor walking
- Pampering and beauty treatments at the house – contact www.backtobeauty.co.uk
- Archery, laser shooting, giant Jenga – Simon will set up all kinds of fun on site! www.phoenixleisure.co.uk
- Lundy Island – think the ultimate Famous Five ‘escape to an island’
Top Things to Do for Children
- Beach, beach and a bit more beach!
- Tarka Trail biking adventures
- Fun-filled days out at The Big Sheep, Milky Way, Ultimate High and North Devon Wakepark
- Skern Lodge activity days or bespoke weeks (archery, kayak, surfing, orienteering, high ropes and the list goes on)
- Exploring Exmoor, Dartmoor and one of Britain’s highest sand dune systems at Braunton Burrows